Household Hazardous Waste
Household hazardous waste may be dropped off at our Public Service Department at 7924 Fitch Road on the first Saturday of each month from 8 am to noon and the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from 7 am to 2 pm. This service is provided to residents of Olmsted Township only.
Accepted materials include:
- Oil or solvent-based paint, sealers, primers, or coatings (aerosols or liquids)
- Any aerosol cans with flammable/combustible warnings
- Varnishes, polyurethanes, shellacs
- Paint thinner, mineral spirits, turpentine, acetone
- Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers
- Caustic/corrosive household cleaners
- Pool chemicals
- Automotive fluids, motor oil
- Adhesives, roof tar, driveway sealer
- Kerosene, gasoline, lighter fluid
- All computer equipment (monitor, printer, scanner, keyboard, mouse, CPU, tablets, laptops)
- Cell phones and landlines
- Passenger car tires only without rims
- Broken, burned-out holiday lights, power strips, and power cords (Do not place holiday lights in your curbside recycling)
Not accepted materials include:
- Medical waste, pharmaceuticals, medicine, sharps. Visit the Cuyahoga Recycles Website for more information
- Batteries (all types). Visit the Cuyahoga Recycles Website for more information
- Fire extinguishers. Visit the Cuyahoga Recycles Website for more information. For propane tanks, visit the Cuyahoga Recycles Website for more information. For helium tanks, visit the Cuyahoga Recycles Website for more information.
- Fluorescent bulbs. Visit the Cuyahoga Recycles Website for more information.
- Explosives, gunpowder, ammunition, flares.
- Radioactive waste (smoke detectors).
- Business or commercial waste.
- Latex paint (visit the Cuyahoga Recycles Website to find out how to dispose of latex paint properly).