Road Closures, Construction & Detours
Westfield Moss Point area:
Starting 9/5/2023 AT&T will be installing fiber optics. The 24 hour emergency contact number is (330) 724-7730. Southshore Cable will be the contractor. Door hangers will be placed on the affected houses with contact information.
Replacement of Crestwood Lane Culvert and Eastwood Lane Culvert
Replacement of Crestwood Lane Culvert 00.24 and Eastwood Lane Culvert 00.08 over a Creek to the West of the Rocky River
Project set to begin 6/12/2023 and be completed by mid November 2023.
Traffic – will be detoured. Local access will be maintained. Click here for detour map.
Crestwood Lane: Motorists will use the designated detour routes of Southwood Lane, Fitch Rd. & Westwood Lane to avoid construction.
Eastwood Lane: Motorists will use the designated detour routes of Crestwood Lane, Elizabeth Lane, and Fitch Rd. to avoid construction.
Please direct any questions to the Field Office (440) 465-9430
2023 Olmsted Township Road Program
Timber Lane, Heatherwood Circle, Hunters Ridge Lane, and Avondale Court are scheduled to be resurfaced in late Spring 2023. A&J Cement is the contractor.
8/21/2023- update Timber Ln will be completed next week and the contractor will be starting on Avondale Ct next week.
- View the Stearns Closure Flyer (PDF) sent to residents.
- The road is tentatively scheduled for closure on April 3, 2023, at 7:30 am. View the Detour Map (PDF).
- The road is scheduled to reopen Southbound traffic only on September 14, 2023 ending August 2024. The current northbound detour will remain in place.
- Stearns Road improvement “C.R.76” from Schady Road to Bagley Road
- February 15, 2023: NTP (cannot close Stearns bridge until 4/1 at the earliest)
- March 13, 2023: Tree clearing to start (1 week to complete)
- April 7, 2023: Tentative Stearns bridge closure (after Jennings base repairs are done)
- August 2, 2024: Part B – Stearns Road – substantially complete
- September 29, 2024: Construction completion “anticipated”.
Cuyahoga County Public Works – Elizabeth, Eastwood, and Crestwood
Sanitary lining will begin on July 31st.